THG Week in Review: London Olympics Rundown (and Other Stories)
Welcome to THG’s Week in Review! Below, our staffers look back at the stories, stars and scandals that made the last seven days some of the craziest all year.
Now, a rundown of the week that was at The Hollywood Gossip:
- The U.S. women’s gymnastics team won the gold in the team competition …
- … and some people care about Gabby Douglas’ hair for some reason.
- Gabby won the all-around individual gold, with Aly Raisman close behind.
- Meanwhile, McKayla Maroney is not impressed with silver. Or much else.
- Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh three-peated in beach volleyball.
- Meanwhile, Michael Phelps made history with 22 career Olympic medals …
- … and a hot new girlfriend in Megan Rossee, who he debuted in London!
- Ryan Lochte, meanwhile, was 11 career medals, and plenty of offers.
- Some even say he’s on the short list to become the next Bachelor!
- Either way, this Missy Franklin Twitter pic with Ryan is the cutest.
- This was probably the worst dive ever, but at least he made the Olympics!
- Usain Bolt won the 100 and 200 meter races, cementing a place in history.
- Hope Solo and the U.S. women’s soccer team brought home the gold, too.
- Serena Williams’ crip walk dance marked her women’s tennis victory.
- A Michael Jackson synchronized swimming routine won for Russia!
- Kristin Cavallari’s baby son was born! Welcome, Camden Jack Cutler!
- Joe Simpson, Jessica’s dad the former minister, was arrested for DUI.
- Aurora, Colo., shooter James Holmes is insane, according to experts.
- There was a Miley Cyrus topless photo leak … anyone surprised?!
- Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis read from Fifty Shades of Grey …
- The cheating Kristen Stewart is reportedly unshowered and heartbroken.
- Which makes these Breaking Dawn Part 2 photos all the more awkward.
- Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy are going strong though, at least.
- Ann Curry claims she feuded with the Today Show over … everything.
- Would you watch Kourtney Kardashian give birth on TV? Honestly?
- Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham’s new song is the worst ever (above).
- Octomom’s topless album cover dropped, in other music news.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie may get married this weekend!
- Kathie Lee Gifford drew harsh criticism for comments on addiction.
- Lastly, TLC premiered its latest show starring Honey Boo Boo:
What was the highlight of the week for you? Did we leave anything out?